Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gabrielle Union Fights Back!


Remember my previous post about an anonymous letter from an athlete's wife???
Gabrielle Union is fed up with gossip blogs making up stories about her and has decided to fight back-legally!!

Gossip columnist Jawn Murray says Gabby has lawyered up and is planning to take legal action against the website Bossip for printing a disreputable, anonymous letter from an alleged “nameless pro-athlete’s wife.”

Union declares that the entire story is bogus and unsubstantiated and has demanded that Bossip remove the letter, print a retraction and send an apology letter to her.

A friend of the actress spoke to BV Buzz under the condition of anonymity about the matter.

“I want your readers to know that it’s all completely false,” the friend told me. ”Gabrielle will move forward with legal action against the writer and Bossip. All she asked for was a retraction and apology and to take it off their site, but they refused and now her goal is to make them pay! They straight-up published a manifesto of a crazy person and they had to know it wasn’t true.“

“I almost get to a point where you can say whatever you want to say about me, but print some facts about our community that can help somebody,” she said then. ”I don’t care because I combat lies. I really used to think that if you read it and you see it and it’s in a magazine, a newspaper or you see it on TV, then it has to be true. And it’s just not true! I don’t even know how to combat that except for do more good things for the people that I care about which is my own community.”
“If there was any truth to it, she would’ve just let it die,” her friend confessed, before adding: “But she’s a black actress who really can’t afford to sue but intends to go broke fighting this if that’s what it takes!”

Hmmm....I've heard many stories being around pro athletes and....well, we'll see if the athlete's wife reveals her identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment