Sunday, January 17, 2010

Djimon On Kimora (I Heart This Man).


Here are Kimora and Djimon on the cover of next month's Ebony Magazine. I love how they have a non-traditional marriage.

Djimon on Meeting Kimora
“She turned around and said, ‘Hi, my name is Kimora Lee,’ and I said ‘Right, you don’t need to introduce yourself. I am quite aware of who you are.’…We were having a deep conversation about our families, about kids, about this and that…And then the eyes meet….and I realized, there’s so much more to her. I never thought she would be as grounded as she seemed that night…As I was giving her my number, I said, ‘Well, I hope you would enjoy the number for something other than your fashion shows or get-togethers or parties…First thing in the morning, I sent her a text. I wanted to catch her because she was to leave and go back to New York. I wanted to get, as we say, a good conversation in before she took off. I sent a text and said, ‘Hey, if you are up for dinner…’ And that’s how we started it. I said to her, ‘You’re one very successful woman. You have it great. You have two kids. You are married to one of the most iconic men in the world (Kimora and Russell were separated before she and Djimon met). What else could you need? Or want?’ I was much more skeptical of where she was coming from than I was about what I had to offer. I realized that she was looking for a great foundation as far as relationships are concerned and that really hit me. No woman has ever made me feel the way she makes me feel. She makes me dream big.

Loves it!




No comments:

Post a Comment