Friday, August 28, 2009
DJ AM Dies Of Drug Overdose!
Ok, I thought he had been clean for years so this is an insane shock to me
DJ AM, real name Adam Goldstein, was found in his NY apartment dead from a drug overdose.
TMZ is reporting AM, was supposedly devastated over a recent break up with girlfriend Hayley Wood.
When police arrived, Goldstein was laying face down with sweat pants on and no shirt. There were also pill bottles and crack pipes found.
Goldstein had overcome his addiction to drugs years ago and was helping young kids with addiction. He also survived a plane crash with Travis Barker last year.
He was 36 years old.
So heartbreaking to hear and I must say I'm happy to have had to opportunity the hear him play in Vegas last weekend as the resident dj at Rain Nightclub in The Palms.
George Maloof, owner of the Palms released a statement:
"I am deeply saddened by the news of the passing of DJ AM. He was our resident DJ at Rain Nightclub at the Palms Casino Resort. We considered him a friend and a great artist. He will truly be missed."
Celebs are twittering like crazy and speaking of Twitter, this was AM's last tweet:
You rocked my world with a mean MJ set AM...RIP.
Another great musician lost.....